03 May, 2011

A near dupe for Chanel's Black Pearl: Nail It! Berlin

I think my NOTD is a pretty good imitation of Chanel's Black Pearl nail polish.  I thought Chanel's Black Pearl polish looked pretty interesting, but 9 times out of 10 I'll back away from spending $39AUD on a bottle of polish.   It's got to be better than merely interesting for me to hand over that kind of money, it's got to be spectacular! 

So...I was in Sportsgirl the other day when I spotted a shade in their Nail It! line called Berlin that looked pretty darn close to that Chanel.  It had that deep grey/teal metallic shimmer that I recognise.  Best of all I only had to spend $7.95AUD.  This polish applied quite smoothly, with good depth of colour.  It may be a shade darker than the Chanel but it still has the elements of Black Pearl.

Here are the pics in different lighting - alas no sun!

Outdoors shade

Lamplight

Flash

What do you think?

Vita :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love it, shades like that are always gorgeous. :) It does look fairly close to the Chanel one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vintage Makeup - Thanks! I like how it contrasts with my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love Sportsgirl polishes. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle! I agree - Sportsgirl have got great colours :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...