13 January, 2012

An oldie but goodie: OPI - Movin' Out (Pic heavy)

 Hi again!

When I was digging through my stash for Christmas holiday polishes last month I found a lovely old multichrome polish from OPI.  Movin' Out is from OPI's 2003 Holiday on Broadway collection and is a sheer sparkly purple multichrome which leans towards gold, green and purple as it moves in the light.

I didn't get around to wearing Movin' Out in December but after wearing the purple creme Wow! for a few days I decided it would be the perfect base to try it out and I wasn't disappointed at all.  This is two coats. 

All pictures taken in natural daylight.  I've posted lots of pictures to capture the colour shift:







 It looks like an oil slick in the bottle:



And in direct sunlight it looks like a sparkly purple....


This polish deserves more love from me for sure - Shame on me for leaving it neglected in my Helmer!  Next time I'll wear it over black.

Until next time.

Vita :)

14 comments:

  1. It is super pretty!! I'd love to see it over black :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corrina, I promise I'll do this over black because it'll definitely highlight the multi-chrome effect. BTW do you have a blog of your own? If you do please reply with your blog name and link cos I'd love to check it out. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Whoa, the flash in this is awesome! At some angles it almost makes it look as if you've done a gradient mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's been swatched a bazillion times before but I had to do it too - it's amazing! xoxo

      Delete
  3. this is so beautiful!! i like it :)

    ps your gift is on its way! not sure if you got the email <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, I did get your email and replied to it. I'm not sure what happened so I've replied again. I'll definitely let you know when the gift arrives! xoxo

      Delete
  4. It literally looks like theres a gradation of colours. I saw the first pic and was like 'how did you do that?!!' This nail polish is simply awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey! I was worried I wouldn't be able to capture the multi-chrome effect but pictures worked out fine.

      Delete
  5. wow, this looks totally amazing, especially that first bottle shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The bottle looks like a rainbow. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I can't believe I let it sit around for years before I got around to wearing it. xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...