10 March, 2012

Japanese NOTD: Tokuya #33

I'm sorry I haven't kept up with the daily posts this month.  It's been more hectic than usual lately, the work/life balance has been a bit off, and I've just been too tired to write posts last thing at night.  I find when I'm tired I really have trouble just stringing sentences together. Writing the post content becomes a chore, and I want to cut corners - not good so that's why I decided to take a bit of a laid-back approach to blogging lately.   I hope you understand.  I'm sure I'll pick up the pace again soon.  Who'd think March would be such a busy month?

Now this NOTD was a bit of a failure in my opinion.  I was expecting #33 to be a smooth gold finish but the polish ended up on the streaky side with obvious brushstrokes.  Also, even after top coat the glitter finish was really gritty looking.  Positives?  I did like the medium gold shade and you can see the subtle holo effect of the sparse glitter.  Still, this didn't stay on my nails for too long before I decided to move on.

The final fail?  This didn't like being photographed - here are the best of a bad bunch of pics...


Outdoors shade


Partial sun

I promise my next nail post will be a pretty and more photogenic one - Anna Sui!!

That's all for now.

Vita :)

10 comments:

  1. The glitter is unique & lovely! I have a lip gloss with similar glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'd love a lip gloss like that. I've been lip gloss crazy lately and just finished another one today! xoxo

      Delete
  2. your finger looks pretty with golden nails.

    i've been hard keeping up with update recently too. beside the weather has been bad for taking photos, i'm so tired at the end of the day too. if it's becoming a chore it's best to step away or one day you'll hate updating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you understand. Blogging is for my enjoyment so I don't want to make it into a chore. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi love, I've tagged you for the Colors of the Rainbow tag!
    http://xiheartmakeupx.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/tag-colors-of-rainbow.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rainbow glitter is quite something, isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous but so hard to capture in the pictures. It shows up well in the bottle :)

      Delete
  5. So looking forward to that Anna Sui!

    Eh, don't worry about blogging. Sometimes it comes and goes. But it's clear how much you love it and I don't worry about you abandoning us. ;o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Liz. Such a sweetheart as always. Yes I do love blogging and yes, I care about making each post as entertaining as possible to keep my readers coming back. I'm definitely not going anywhere! xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...