20 April, 2012

An old OPI: Jewel of India

Happy Friday everyone! 

This week I've been sporting an old black label OPI on my nails.  Jewel of India is from a collection called the Far East released way back in 2000.  Now, I know I've had this one a while but I'm pretty sure I haven't owned it quite that long!  I was looking for something in my polish stash along the line of plums and autumn berries to wear and this lovely satiny magenta-plum was it.  The coverage was lovely and even in two coats and the colour just glows.  This one's a classic glam shade - reference to jewels fits it beautifully.  If I have to complain it's about my own shoddy application.  I'm so used to the Pro-wide brush I have trouble controlling the old skinny brushes so there's bit of cuticle flooding here.  Forgive me...

Sun


Shade

This finish does remind me of glowy satin fabric!

That's all for now.

Vita :)

10 comments:

  1. Pretty and still grownup I think! Thanks xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just discovered the world of nail and cosmetic blogs. I felt compelled to let you know that yours is my favourite. I think the fact that I'm at the top end of my 40's had me especially seeking out someone who is closer to my age. It's a whole 'nother world in our 40's when it comes to cosmetics.

    I've suddenly become obsessed with nails and am bowled over at all the nail blogs out there. Keep up the great work. I really do love reading your entries.

    Oh, and I live in rural Victoria, Australia so it's nice to read about cosmetics that are attainable. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Dot, your comment has truly blown me away. I don't know what to say other than you made my day and thank you! I agree about the age thing although I know I like to defy the stereotype especially when it comes to my nails! We'll never be too old to a bit of fun with colour! xo

      Delete
  3. The name of this is definitely very fitting, so pretty! It reminds me of satin fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey, I'm actually wondering if this colour is still available as I'd recommend it as a great A/W shade for fingers and toes! xo

      Delete
  4. You know, Indian companies sure have an obsession with pearl finish and pink colour for some reason;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another reason the name of this polish is perfect!

      Delete
  5. Hi Vita,

    I am trying to contact you regarding your blog being tagged in The Nail Tag on my blog. I can't find any contact form or email on your blog.

    I hope it is OK to post this here, if not please delete this comment.

    I wanted to let you know you've been tagged in The Nail Tag on my blog :)

    You can see the blog post here - http://bobbinsbeautybox.blogspot.com/2012/04/rules-answer-10-questions-pass-this-tag.html

    Plesae pass this tag on to more bloggers :)

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have already done this tag but I'll pop over and check it out. Thanks xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...