28 May, 2012

Priceline haul: Some things I had to try


At the end of my P10P ban I'd accumulated around $50 of Priceline vouchers (that's 6 months' worth!).  I put them to good use purchasing a few items that had passed my beauty radar since the start of the year.  These were the things I just had to try.

Here's a quick look at what I bought and why - plus a few swatches at the end!


Physician's Formula Happy Booster
Glow & Mood Boosting Blush (Natural)

Finally these are here in Australia! Yes, I'll admit I bought my Happy Booster blush after being driven to distraction by its cuteness alone.  This Violet scented blush is supposed to have mood boosting properties due to a blend of natural plant extracts.  Admittedly the scent is lovely when I sniff the pan although seriously, I don't know about the mood boosting bit - maybe I should encourage others to sniff my cheekbones if they're feeling blue! -  but I do love the packaging (sucker me!) and this blush blends out to a lovely soft and glowing shade of peach-pink.  Heck, there's a lot about just owning this cute and cheerful blush that boosts my mood!


Revlon Diamond Lust Eyeshadow
(Neptune Star)

I've been lemming just about everything from Gucci Westman's The Expressionists collection and this sparkly eyeshadow pan is certainly a new and interesting addition to my collection.  I chose the teal/blue Neptune as something different to wear after dark.  I think it would look great worked in with a smokey eye! 


 Australis Double Decker Eyeshadow Duo
(Greenhouse Effect)


Quite a few posts have popped up lately about these little creme/powder eyeshadow duos from Australian beauty brand Australis.  At just $9.95AUD a pop and just being curious I was willing to give one a try.  The dark creme base shadow sits on one end of the pot with a shimmering powder shadow on the other to be applied over the base for a multi-dimensional shimmer. 


 L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes (Extra Black)
 Finally, the mascara:  L'Oreal seems to have relaunched its mascara range (or have I just noticed?) and I'm always on the hunt for a volumizing, defining mascara for daily wear.  I like flexible molded brushes because I find they make application easier and this mascara has an extra flexible brush and apparently an anti-clump wiper in the tube(!?!).  I've yet to break this out of its packaging only because I don't like to have too many mascaras on rotation.  It's next in line after I toss one out.

Now for the swatches...
Swatched L- R:
Natural, Neptune Star, Greenhouse Effect

Have you found any drugstore gems lately?

That's all for now.

Vita :)

16 comments:

  1. Great haul! I really want to try that blush too (although it may just be because of how they have presented it!) but it still looks gorgeous! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Happy Booster blush really is lovely - as a matter of fact the whole revamped PF stand is irresistible. Just saw some swatches of PF gel liners on another blog post and they look amazing!

      Delete
  2. Love the blue shadow, dark blue smokey eyes are my go to on a night out they look amazing. The Australis shadow looks crazy beautiful as well! I might have to take a closer look at those ones. I love my Happy Booster blush, i dunno about the mood boosting but it does make me happy to look at it haha

    Hannah xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally do a teal/blue smokey - usually go for plums and greys - so I'm looking forward to it! Yay for the Happy Booster blush *does a happy dance!*

      Delete
  3. great haul! i'm holding out for a Physicians Formula sale at Priceline but i totally agree about the packaging! i really want to try the Loreal Volume Million Mascara but i've already got so many i need to get through ...:S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy :) I already have my eye on the gel liners when PF has a sale! And who doesn't have a ton of mascara - I keep finding long forgotten mascaras all around the place, haha!

      Delete
  4. Oh, interested to see how that mascara performs! I like volume, too, but since I have to wear a very moisturizing eye cream, they all just smudge like crazy. I guess I should try those fibers next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have oily eyelids so I have to be careful about eye products smudging and creasing too. I'll certainly let you know if I love it - or not!

      Delete
  5. arrrggghhh, Vita you make me buy all the non nail polish things *shakes fist* that blush is just too pretty to pass on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to say this Kristy, but it's even cuter in real life! It may be a gimmick but if it makes me happy to own it who cares?

      Delete
    2. hehehe, couldn't help myself & got the blush today

      Delete
    3. *Giggles* Isn't it just gorgeous?? Sorryyyy...

      Delete
  6. Those PF happy hearts are adorable. I always stare at them for ages while in the drugstore, even though I had one for a while at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just TOO cute for a drugstore blush! Australian girls (and women) have not surprisingly gone crazy over the PF Happy Boosters. Aww, I feel for you Liz. xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...