15 August, 2012

Glitter gradient with OPI Servin' Up Sparkle

I'm getting a bit better at doing glitter gradient mani's so this is just about good enough to share with you.

I used the silver holo glitter mashup Servin' Up Sparkle from last year's Serena Williams Glam Slam! collection to glam up the shimmery teal Yodel Me on My Cell.  I applied one coat of the glitter two-thirds up the nail, then added a second coat half the way up the glitter coat and a final coat of glitter just on the nail tips.  I hope that makes sense?

This is the result.  To perfect it and smooth it out I'd recommend a final layer of topcoat but this mani is photographed without.  All pictures were taken outdoors in cloudy conditions:





That's it for tonight.

Vita :)


16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! That's a big compliment from you Maria :)

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I love the base color choice. I've never been good a glitter gradients, I think because I try then when my nails are uber short. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaki - I agree, I think nails have to be a decent sort of length to make it work. I loved the teal undercoat so rather than removing it after a day I dressed it up instead!

      Delete
  3. Love the design of your nails Vita! It's a lovely look towards the last couple of weeks of winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose :) I am SO looking forward to spring too!

      Delete
  4. I adore sparkly tips, I really need to give it a go myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cool effect and pretty easy after 1 or 2 attempts :)

      Delete
  5. I have yet to try a glitter gradient. Someday...but I'm so lazy ._. I can barely pick out one color to paint my nails, and then suffer through the drying procedure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impatient too but did this surprisingly quickly. Glitter polishes dry in no time at all!

      Delete
  6. This is stunningly beautiful, Vita!! You've got great skills!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lola :) I don't know about skills, but I do have determination - try, try again! One day I'd love to learn to do freehand nail art but I think that's a way off for me yet!

      Delete
  7. I love the glitter tips, I need to try it but will probably make a mess of it!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim :) Do try - this was my third attempt and I think I've finally got the hang of it!

      Delete
  8. Loving this combination!! I'm too lazy to gradient anything but this is so gorgeous and inspirational. Maybe some day. (But probably never, lol.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...