07 September, 2012

EOTD: Blue accent


I wore a blue EOTD to a bloggers' meetup lunch a few weekends ago (already?!?) and I snapped some pictures before I headed out the door.  It was a day of beauty shopping and swapping and will be in an upcoming post. This look was inspired by my sadly unfulfilled obsession with Chanel's Blue Illusion de Chanel collection currently available only at the Chanel boutique.  I dug around for anything and everything I had in blue eyeshadow and this was the result.  I was surprised that rather than overpowering my green eyes, these blue shades somehow made my eyes appear greener and, always a bonus, my hubs loved it too...






Shades used L - R:
Skin Food Sugar Dessert Shadow - 16
MAC Frost - Deep Truth
Revlon Colorstay 12 Hour Eyeshadow quad - 18 Azure Mist (discontinued)

What I applied and where:
  • Face of Australia primer (matte) blended over the lids
  • Baby blue shade from Revlon quad all over lid up to crease
  • MAC Powerpoint Pencil (Bordeauxline) on outer upper and lower lash lines
  • MAC (Deep Truth) on outer V and lower lash line
  • Pale lavender shade from Revlon quad blended in crease
  • Skinfood (16) on centre of lids to add shimmer
  • Diorshow mascara (black) on upper lashes

This look is a wee bit out of my colour comfort zone but was fun to wear and I've decided that blue actually can be worn as part of a daytime look.  If Chanel can do it this spring then why can't I?

How do you like to work colour into your daytime eye looks?

That's it for tonight.

Vita :)

10 comments:

  1. Love it! It really does make the green of your eyes pop. That first picture is a stunner BTW. I wear Tilt by MAC quite a bit which is similar to what you have created here, really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, lovely comments as always! :) I just Googled Tilt and it looks lovely - the pix had it paired with gold and it works really well.

      Delete
  2. Yes! Yes! I absolutely love this! I especially love the eyeliner you used with it. I think blue can be very wearable and not scary at all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larie!! I've had a long, long fear of blue because I couldn't figure out how to make it work for me. Layering MAC Deep Truth over my plummy Bordeauxline pencil liner worked better than I'd expected and gave a vivid contrast to my eyes.

      Delete
  3. I really like blue, especially a nice dark blue used as liner (like Shu P696), I love the the look you did, you have used some colour but it is still perfect for daytime / Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire :) I'm just excited I've found a way to make blue work for me! I don't actually have a blue liner, as I usually use plums, browns and black so I need to look into that...

      Delete
    2. Rouge Bunny Rouge has a very nice deep blue eye liner, I really like that colour.

      Delete
    3. Ooh, that gives me the perfect excuse to check out Rouge Bunny Rouge! Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Pretty colors, I have always loved blues and greens for my brown eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) Blue would contrast beautifully with brown eyes!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...