04 September, 2012

Layered NOTD: Essie As Gold As It Gets + OPI German-icure

After more than 500 posts this is the first time I've worn an Essie polish!

I was in one of my layering moods and Essie's flakie As Gold As It Gets, from Essie's Luxe Effects collection  looked like it would be a complimentary topping for OPI's German-icure.  (The Luxe Effects collection was launched as a holiday collection in the Northern hemisphere late in 2011 but they've only appeared down here in Australia over the last couple of months).   As Gold As It Gets is a fairly self explanatory title as this polish is of course a dense mix gold flakies floating in a clear base - A single coat of this made German-icure look a lot more textured, a lot more autumnal.  I was originally going to do the quick 'swatch and remove' thing but liked this mani enough to keep it on for the weekend.  As always, I've added a layer of top coat for added shine.  See what you think of this combination...

Sun



Shade



That's all for now.

Vita :)

11 comments:

  1. That's a perfect autumn shade, I really like the look of that top coat...Essie are so gorgeous. I am heading to that discount cosmetics store at Uni Hill tomorrow and I have a feeling I am going to haul a little :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the hauling! I'm at home (because of school strike today) but am looking after 2 little boys so I don't think they'd appreciate hanging around a beauty outlet, lol :D

      Delete
  2. Beautiful combination.

    For some reason I thought As Gold As It Gets was just a fine glitter polish. I love flakie topcoats so I'm going to have to pick this up now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous flakie, almost like gold leaf with just a hint of gold micro-glitter in the mix. Beautiful effect and it's easy to remove too - I think you'll love it!

      Delete
  3. This combo it's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the gold flakie top coat. I wanted this but never got around to purchasing it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more wearable than usual for a flakie. It's pretty much just straight gold so it's more classic than out there.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Oooh yeah!! I'm such a girly-girl at heart. Can't help it...

      Delete
  6. Great combo! I prefer Oktoberfest's cooler lean than Germanicure's brown warmth, but layering it like this really adds a cool edge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz :) I like how the gold flakie tones down the red in the polish. xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...