18 October, 2012

Perfect partners: Chanel Insouciance & Rimmel Undressed

When wearing nude lipstick I usually enhance it with a layer of matching gloss to give my (fairly thin) lips a fuller look.  My lips aren't as full as they once were so I need a bit of oomph and as I'm scared of injectables I rely on gloss for the illusion of plump, juicy lipped youth!

I like creamy, non shimmery nudes yet for some reason it's so difficult to find the perfect creamy-caramel-nude-NON-shimmery gloss to top off my lipstick - currently my nude lippy of choice is the deliciously caramel toned nude, Undressed by Rimmel. You can imagine how happy I was a few weeks ago *cue one of those little happy jigs!* when I found THE perfect gloss when idly cruising the Chanel counter.

Rimmel Undressed, please meet Chanel Extrait de Gloss 51 Insouciance...


Now I was in one of those moods and found out that 'Insouciance' translates as recklessness so it seems to be the perfect partner for a lipstick named Undressed on that basis alone!

Side by side you can see the close resemblance in shade. 

Swatched Top to Bottom:
Rimmel Undressed
Chanel Insouciant
Insouciant layered over Undressed

As you can see from the swatch Undressed (top) has a creamy semi-matte finish and while it looks a little pink toned on my arm, trust me it's a true caramel nude on my lips.  Chanel's gel formula gloss Insouciance (middle) has fantastic opaque coverage when worn alone but because it's so close in tone to Undressed it layers over Undressed easily, adding shine without any significant change to the colour.  I get the perfect glossy nude lip I'm craving with this combination. 


The lip swatch:
  Undressed topped with Insouciance

Now I'm not the only one with a passion for layering with Chanel nude glosses.  For another great post see Lola's post here..


What's your favourite lip colour combo?
How do you like to wear nude lips?



That's it for now.

Vita :)

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely combo! Even though you see red lips everywhere, nude is my everyday stable for the office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nude is just so easy to wear and I think it's just as timeless as red really. I'm loving that Chanel Extrait de Gloss big time - I just know it won't be my last!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous on you!

    Both those shades are so pretty but that Chanel gloss has some extra pizazz to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the gel texture and pigmentation of the Chanel Extrait de Gloss. It's gone straight to #1 on my top fave gloss list - seriously!! xo

      Delete
  3. They definitely look better together! I'm inspired now. Someone gave me a Illamasqua coralish/nude gloss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it and layer your lip products! I love layering glosses for different looks as the right gloss can make an otherwise blah lipstick suddenly look stunning. Once I hook onto the perfect lipstick/gloss combo that's the only way I'll wear it!

      Delete
  4. What a brilliant post Vita!!! Thanks so much for your gracious shout out!!! We certainly are on the same page here!!!!! I LOVE Insouciance- it is definitely one of my favorite Chanel glosses-- what is funny is the fact that I almost used it instead of Sweet Beige in my post since it isn't LE. Undressed is gorgeous-- now I must have that as well!! These two pair perfectly, and they look gorgeous on you!!!!!!!!! Amazing post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lola - I just couldn't believe we'd thought of exactly the same thing independently like that!!! I almost didn't do my post when I saw yours but I'd already taken the photos and decided to let you know and run with it. As I said - and now knowing you nearly used EXACTLY the same gloss too - the coincidence is kind of eerie, but mostly cool, haha! Great minds and all that :) xo

      Delete
    2. I think it's awesome that we were so completely on the same page-- especially now that we are in the midst of the vampy lip and red lip season! It makes me very happy that we were thinking along the same lines! I went on a treasure hunt for Rimmel Undressed yesterday and the one store I went to didn't have any-- but thanks to your brilliant post- it is now on my list! Have a lovely weekend! xoxox

      Delete
    3. My pleasure! Enjoy the weekend! <3

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Too true! I wanted to mention that in my post but somehow it slipped out of my mind. I always feel some sense of beauty victory when I pair a drugstore and luxe product and come up with a pretty combo!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...