13 March, 2013

Pretty purples: Inglot & MAC

Purple eyes and lips are popping up all over the place again, on fashion runways, magazines - well everywhere really!  Personally I'm pleased purple is having a 'moment' because it's never out of style as far as I'm concerned.  I've read - and I agree - that purple is one of the universally flattering eye makeup colours and I think there's a variation of this shade for everyone.  I'll often wear a cool neutral daytime eye and that frequently includes a purple crease shade because of the contrast with my green eyes.  It gives me a hint of colour without ever feeling overdone.

I've put this post together to share a soft purple makeup look I've been wearing lately...
 

Inglot Freedom Palette quad (shades clockwise from top: Pearl 440, Pearl 441, D.S 459, Pearl 439) This is my first Inglot palette and I love the idea behind these custom selected Freedom palettes! I selected these variations on the purple colour scale for my quad because they cover a variety of looks from daytime shimmer through to nighttime smoky.  Lately I've been wearing 440 over the lid to brighten my eyes with 441 as the crease shade for a pretty and daytime appropriate lilac eye look.  It's been my weekend go-to combination anchored with...

MAC Powerpoint (Bordeauxline) 
 I've lost count of the number of times I've posted this eyeliner pencil because I literally use it every other day!  Bordeauxline is the perfect plum shade which makes my eyes pop but is neutral enough for everyday wear.  I usually just wear it on the outer upper lash line (if I want to smoke it up a bit I'll smudge a little of the darkly sparkly D.S 459 Inglot shade over the top).

Diorshow Mascara (Black) 
A quick coat of this defines my lashes during the day.

MAC Amplified lipstick (Up The Amp)
  This creamy, opaque mid-toned purple lipstick looks a little intimidating when swatched on the arm but looks surprisingly flattering on the lips.  It sits beautifully on the border of bright but wearable and I feel quite comfortable wearing it to compliment purple eye makeup or contrast a warmer brown eye - trust me, it works!

Face of Australia blush (Nutmeg)
  I'll apply this warm toned peach blush for a pop of colour without looking too dolly!


The swatches left to right:
 Bordeauxline, Nutmeg, 440, 441, Up The Amp


To see how I wore it click on my Instagram link here.

Are you a fan of purple too?

25 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a fan of purple as well! And I find I reach for purple shades more when the weather cools down... something about cold rainy days and the colour purple go well together in my eyes.
    PS: I loved that look of yours on instagram, you should do FOTDs here on the blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day I'll pluck up the courage to show my face here! Thanks Lilit xo

      Delete
  2. I'm a big fan of purple! Especially on my lips.

    I haven't done purple lids for ages, even though I know it looks good with my brown eyes. MUST. GET. OVER. NEUTRALS. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you think of purple as an alternative neutral then you'll get back into it! My neutrals of choice are brown, grey or purple!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful goodies there! I'm still an Inglot virgin but I love the idea of those freedom palettes!
    I love the look of the MAC lippie, actually! I'm trying to go for more "intimidating" looks these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bright purple lip makes a fantastic impact - I'd love to see you wearing it!

      Delete
  4. I love purples! It's the one colour that I can safely reach for when I want to get out of my neutral eyes rut. Love! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple is my "other" neutral too - I'm forever drawn to purple makeup!

      Delete
  5. I wasn't a big fan of purple until I began reading your posts, funny isn't it? I agree with Lilit above, definitely should feature more of your beautiful mug on here PLUS on your Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I influenced you - wow that's pretty cool to know! One day I'll do it and post my face here I promise...

      Delete
  6. I'm still not the hugest fan of purple, but I think I will be bold and try a smoky plum shade soon. Waiting for L'oreal to go on sale ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smoky plum shades are awesome to wear! Again, I think that would be a universally flattering look so go for it Larie!!

      Delete
  7. HOW GOOD DOES THAT SWATCH LOOK!
    And you really rock that MAC lipstick on #lippyaday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Coco - I love how silky the shadows apply too :)

      Delete
  9. I overdosed on purple during my late teens/early 20s and never fully recovered, lol. But your selection looks quite pretty and I'll have to scour my stash for some purples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be interested to see what you dig up - I'm sure you'll have something suitably chic somehow Liz! xo

      Delete
  10. Love purple because it makes your eyes really green. Another nice pallette is Australis Intensif-Eye in Fancy Pants. But any lavender in nice, especially if it has a bit of sparkle in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly why I love wearing purple - it really emphasizes my eyes. I'm due for a trip to Priceline so I'll check out that Australis palette. Thanks!

      Delete
  11. Hi chickie, have you swatched that pretty purple palette before?
    Scratch that. I'm going to look through your archives.
    I'm a big fan of ze purples too. I have to be careful they don't lean red; otherwise I look like I have bruised eyes. *pow*!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have - and I still haven't fully here either, oops! I really should have swatched all four shades in the palette. My mistake :p

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...