09 October, 2013

Chi Chi salon formula nail polish: Capital H.I.M.

Chi Chi is an Australian brand known for its bright rainbow of colour cosmetics.  They most certainly have a rainbow of nail polish shades too, although funnily enough I've breezed past the range so many times over the years without buying any - I have absolutely no idea why!  Maybe I thought the stuff was too young and fun for me?  Whatever.  Here I am now deciding not to be ageist toward myself and getting into the Chi Chi thing with this post.
 
Capital H.I.M. is my idea of the perfect lavender purple cream. Chi Chi very plainly describes this shade as a high gloss pretty purple.  They don't mention the lovely but elusive blue shimmer which can be seen in the bottle but disappears on the nails - that mythical shimmer sent to tease me!  Getting onto the application two coats delivered great coverage and I'm also happy to report this nail polish doesn't have strong toxic fumes unlike my last mani so it was a pleasant experience all round.  Not too bad for a $5 polish!
 
Sun
 
Indoors daylight
 
 
Have you tried Chi Chi cosmetics? Any recommendations for me?
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm a huge fan of Chi Chi, their nail polishes are divine! That colour you're wearing is absolutely the most perfect lavender purple, I want! They also do great lippies, I highly encourage you to try them. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always trust your opinion when it comes to lipstick Lilit! Next time I'm at the Chi Chi stand I'll check them out :)

      Delete
  2. I have this shade! it's beautiful...I recommend 'Cat fight', it's purple that has this metallic blue sheen to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any purple is bound to get my attention but purple with a blue metallic sheen? SOLD!!!

      Delete
  3. Stunner of a colour! I love Chi Chi polishes - fantastic consistency and great colour range! This one looks perfect for the warmer weather ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've obviously been missing out on something great here. Not any more!!

      Delete
  4. OMG, I love this lavender - bold and bright!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very cheerful isn't it! I absolutely love it too!

      Delete
  5. I have never heard of this brand! It's a nice cream color, though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Australian brand you/we must sample! I've been told that the lipsticks are great too so I'll have to do some field "research"! Lol

      Delete
  6. That IS the perfect lavender cream! Amazing quality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely impressed Tracy - for the price I'm sure I'll be trying more :)

      Delete
  7. Nice shade! I like how bright it is, instead of the fragile delicate kinds of lavender that are usually floating around during spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find brighter shades more uplifting generally. The more saturated the better with me sometimes!

      Delete
  8. PURPLE! I want! I actually really like Chi Chi cosmetics...I have some of their eyeshadows (of course), a couple of liquid lipsticks, lipsticks and nail polishes...but this is a gorgeous pastelly purple that I simply must have. :)

    It looks gorgeous on you, Vita! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you recommend their eyeshadows Nalini? I'm on the hunt for a good local product.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...