26 October, 2013

The Face Shop: 17 Pearl Brown

It's been a few months since my rose gold makeup post and I finally got around to wearing another of my rose gold polishes.  As usual I'm wondering why I waited so long because I find rose gold to be a very flattering shade of gold for my skin tone.   Just another one of those really meaningful First World musings, huh?

This polish from Korean brand The Face Shop is simply labelled 17 Pearl Brown which is also a fairly accurate description.  Pearl Brown has a very strong satiny pearl finish which I think you either love or hate.  I used to really love pearly polishes when I was a teenager but then moved away from anything remotely pearly or frosty unless it was an edgy colour.  These days I guess I've softened towards pearl finishes again - well at least where it comes to rose gold as I found this a particularly pretty polish to wear.  If I must fault it, it's the tendency of a pearly polish like this to show up brush strokes, but it's only really obvious on one nail so more careful application would take care of that problem.  It's the usual two coats of colour on my nails here.

Sun



Shade


Until next time.

8 comments:

  1. That's a pretty rose gold! I have a soft spot for rose golds too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised by how much I like this one actually!

      Delete
  2. Me too! I have a soft spot for these shades, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes at least three of us then! :)

      I love rose gold jewellery so it only makes sense that I would love this too!

      Delete
  3. so pretty on you!
    i am amazed to see how neatly it's applied on your pretty nails. i usually steer away from this finish cause i get so many brush strokes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so kind Lena!

      I did have some difficulty with brush strokes on my pointer (index) finger so it's not totally perfect - I completely know what you mean :p

      Delete
  4. I'm slowly warming to rose gold nail polish but this wouldn't work on me despite being Korean - looks like it suits paler skin much better - like on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww really? I guess you'd know best - depends on if rose gold jewellery works for you obviously!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...