26 December, 2013

Face Of Australia: Between The Flags

I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas! I have been busy catching up with family and friends so the first of my Christmas manis are being posted just after Christmas day - but hey they're still within the "12 days of Christmas" which ends on the 6th of January so I'm technically not late to this party!
 
 I went for traditional with a twist with this one, embracing red and gold but using textured and foil polishes to give it a bit of interest.  The red polish is Between The Flags, a textured polish from Face Of Australia's recently released Carnivale collection.  Two coats did the trick with that one.  For the gold accent I went with three coats o the most golden foil polish I have in my collection - Goldeneye from OPI.  I've previously worn this as a full manicure but I think it works so much better as a contrasting accent, as somehow it looks even more gold if that's at all possible!
 
All pictures taken in cloudy conditions:
 
 

 Until next time...
 


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a full sized bottle. I need to see if Goldeneye's still available :p

      Delete
  2. Love the mani, but that golden shade stole my heart!
    I really like your blog so I'm following it, hope you like mine and do aswell.
    Kisses

    http://pinkkisses-pinklove.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous mani! I'm obsessed with texturised and accent nails, so this is a winner in my books :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jelena :)

      I can't get enough of texturised polish at the moment either - I have a load from OPI, all of the Carnivale shades and a few from Rimmel! I love them!

      Delete
  4. I can't get enough of red and gold. Hope your holiday was fabulously relaxing and entertaining! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept thinking of you in the dark and the cold Liz - I'm relieved to see you guys are finally resuming your normal life. We can never take these things for granted xo

      Delete
  5. Beautiful combination, although I think I'm not really on board with texture polishes! Just can't do 'em. Hope you had a fabulous holiday, Vita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larie! I had a great Xmas and New Years :)

      Textured polishes kind of snuck up on me. I didn't expect to like them but here I am embracing them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...