30 March, 2014

REVIEW: Dirty Works Glow Girl! Buttery Salt Scrub & Supreme Cream Body Butter



If you follow my empties posts at all you'll know I'm a fan of exfoliating scrubs and body butters - if you didn't well you do know now! Of course when I was offered the opportunity to review Dirty Works' Glow Girl! Buttery Salt Scrub, partnered with their Supreme Cream Body Butter I jumped onto it as my first taste of this UK brand now available in Australia. 

Glow Girl! Buttery Salt Scrub (300ml tub)


Ingredients list:
Aqua, Pumice, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceril Stearate, Parfum, Isopropyl Myristate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernal Shell, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Xanthan Gum, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Hexyl Cinnnamal, Limonene. 

My impressions:
Dutifully following the instructions on the tub I scooped out a handful of the scrub, promptly losing some of it onto the shower floor! My first piece of advice is to be just a little bit careful with scooping out this scrub because it is a little runnier than some.  In my enthusiasm, and being overly generous (greedy?) I learned that the hard way.  You can get an idea of the consistency in the picture below on my fingertip:


Consistency aside I've enjoyed using the scrub so far. The exfoliation is done with a combination of Pumice, Sea Salt and ground Peach Kernels - I was expecting the salt to sting my eczema-afflicted hands when I rubbed my skin with it but I had no problems at all.  Because of the non-dissolving exfoliants included the scrub can be applied on quite wet skin and it will still do the job of exfoliating for as long as you care to gently rub it onto your skin - the grains are the right size to exfoliate without any scratching or reddening.  Of course because the grains don't dissolve you should follow the advice on the side of the jar to make sure to rinse the shower (or bath) thoroughly afterwards to avoid any gritty feeling under your feet.

After rinsing off and patting dry my skin definitely felt smoother, was lightly moisturised without any filminess at all and lightly scented.  As a matter of fact the shower and bathroom had a distinctly 'beachy' salty scent afterward too which I absolutely loved.  Just the antidote to any cold weather blues!

Because of the slightly runny consistency (my one criticism), and me being prone to grabbing big handfuls of this stuff to scrub down my arms and legs in the shower I have a feeling I will power through my Buttery Salt Scrub fairly quickly but at $9.95 I think it's an affordable indulgence.  Most importantly it does the job it's supposed to by gently and effectively exfoliating the skin - and I love the summery beachy scent.


Supreme Cream Body Butter (300ml tub)



Ingredients list:
Aqua, Glycerine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Parfum, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Citral.

 My impressions:
As you can see in the above pictures Supreme Cream Body Butter is as rich and thick in consistency as you'd expect.  It contains Soybean Oil, Shea Butter and Cocoa Seed Butter as key moisturising ingredients and I found only a small amount - say twice of that shown above on my fingertip - was easily enough to moisturise my arms, paying special attention to my elbows.  This body butter has enough slip that it literally glided onto my skin like - well - butter, absorbing very quickly and easily into my skin.  Best of all my skin felt soft and silky with no greasiness or tackiness, making it easy to get dressed immediately afterward - I've gotta love a body butter like that for when I'm in a morning rush!

Supreme Cream Body Butter has the same subtly beachy scent as Glow Girl! Buttery Salt Scrub so it partners perfectly with it.  Because I only need a small amount I can see this tub will last me a long time and is a great quality budget buy at $9.95.  I can definitely see myself throwing this into my supermarket trolley in future. 

The Dirty Works range is available at Coles stores nationally.

(Both products were provided for my consideration.  All comments and opinions are my own.)

10 comments:

  1. I enjoy a good shower exfoliation ;) I use Haus of Gloi's scrubs. It's a thicker consistency which I like, because like you, I always end up with goo everywhere if it's more fluid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can be so clumsy sometimes - especially in the shower! Lol

      Delete
  2. Beachy scent? I'M SO IN. I have to see if this line is here in Canada! I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent is so uplifting - if you like that slightly salty scent you will LOVE it! Good luck with your hunting. I do know Sainsbury in the UK sell it but I haven't check out availability in North America.

      Delete
  3. I love the look and sound of this body butter! Sadly, I don't think it's sold anywhere here. (Unless Tracy finds them, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty darn perfect! It absorbs so well I think I could use it as hand cream too in a pinch! :))

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know what you'll be buying the next time you visit Coles! ;)

      Delete
  5. These sound so lovely - the word butter has me hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love body butters especially as we move towards cooler weather, although it hasn't been too cool yet! I have a small tower of body butter tubs in my bathroom :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...