02 April, 2014

Layering with Revlon Moon Candy: Galactic

Happy Hump Day!
 
I couldn't leave my little blue manicure alone so after a day or so I got out a bottle of Revlon Moon Candy to apply a colour coordinated topper for a bit of added...umm...flakiness?? I mean that in the best possible way of course. I'm just struggling with my creative vocabulary today!
 
This is the second time I've experimented with Revlon's Moon Candy polishes.  I struggled the first time and I struggled again here.  The issue I have is with the flakies - those lovely iridescent flakes refuse to play nice and sit flat on the nail and can't be tamed with a thick top coat either. Hmmph! End of verbal tantrum.
 
Like all of Revlon's Nail Art polishes Galactic is a double ended polish: very deep, almost black, blue cream polish at one end with the ethereal iridescent blue flakes on the other end for the topping.  I'm sure the Revlon combination would be very effective but I decided to let the flakies compliment rather than contrast by applying them over a similarly bright blue base.
 
All pictures taken in cloudy conditions:
 
 
 
What are your thoughts on these?

10 comments:

  1. It looks lovely over blue <3 I have the same problem with the "mylar plastic" thick flakies, that's why I don't wear them often :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ina! The flakes are so annoying that I end up peeling them out of the manicure - not a good thing to do but I can't stand loose bits poking up from my nails :p

      Delete
    2. Thank goodness I'm not the only one! :D

      Delete
  2. The flakies are gorgeous, but I agree taco-flakies are no good, I also never wear thos that do that more than once...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taco flakies! Lol! That's exactly what those warped flakies are indeed! Twice I've had this problem with the Moon Candy polishes so they're really not for me :p

      Delete
  3. Flakies can be so annoying when they are thick like this - really alters the look of the many and is quite frustrating! This still looks beautiful though, oceanic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so annoyed with the sticky outie bits! Damn it because otherwise I agree it looked pretty colourwise.

      Delete
  4. I see why you're annoyed but they look like pretty ice crystals to me! I wonder if you'll like it better in the deep freeze of winter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...