05 May, 2014

April's farewelled products (and beauty diet update)


Here we are again with another load of empties.  Let's see if I can talk about these without getting too wordy...
 
Skin care
 
34) Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes (15 towelettes) - Something happens to me whenever I go to Costco.  I always get caught up in the multi-pack mentality so without ever trying them before I bought a massive box of these!  They're not the best wipes I've tried but they're not the worst either.  They actually smell quite refreshing and one wipe is usually enough to take off the day's makeup base.  They seem to be quite heavily laden with moisturiser which my skin will probably appreciate more as the weather gets colder. Expect many more of these empty packs to pop over the months because as I said, I bought an entire box!
 
35) Montagne Jeunesse Cucumber Peel-Off Masque - I bought this on a whim to treat my slightly oilier than usual skin and it worked! My post-vacation skin was a little oily and congested so I spread this on, and (very easily) peeled it off 20 minutes later. My skin immediately felt cleaner and the next morning I noticed my forehead bumps were visibly diminished.  I've bought some more of these to keep on hand for those times I need a more clarifying mask - and when I just feel like a little bit of fun!
 
 
 
36) La Clinica Gly C Refine Gentle Facial Cream Cleanser (10ml/0.35 fl.oz sample size) - One of my travel bag products.  This cream cleanser is a great balance of rich creaminess with skin smoothing Glycolic Acid and Vitamin C.  First impressions of this product is it felt gentle enough on my skin and rinsed off easily. 
 
37) Lancôme Bi-Facil Non Oily - Sensitive Eyes Instant Cleanser (30ml/1 fl.oz travel size) - Another travel bag item.  It's been a long time since I've used this Lancôme version and now I grudgingly have to admit I think this might be the best dual-phase remover out there because it removes the most stubborn mascara (Benefit's They're Real! anyone??) formulas like nothing else. What a shame I'm a cheapskate when it comes to removers but $60AUD is a bit too much for me even for 125ml.
 
38) Face of Australia Gentle Make-Up Remover (125ml/4.23 fl.oz) - Another dual-phase remover and much more affordable than Lancôme as it only costs $8.95 for 125ml.  Okay, so this will take a little more elbow grease to remove the most stubborn eye products but at the price it doesn't matter if I need to use more product.  This is a repurchase and I will continue to repurchase because it's great value for money and is oil and paraben-free.  
 
39) Bioderma Crealine H2O (250ml) - So don't shoot me but after all the hype I just couldn't 100% love this product.  Sure part of me wanted to bathe in it because it felt so soothing and refreshing when removing makeup from my face - however...  It just didn't cut it with waterproof eye makeup removal.  I even tried leaving Bioderma-soaked cotton pads on my eyes for 60 seconds as I'd heard somewhere but it was still to no avail. I can't tell you how many times I woke up with residual mascara smudges! My verdict is obvious:  a great alternative to makeup wipes for cleansing my skin but not tough enough for waterproof mascara.  I won't be rushing to buy another bottle.
 
Hand and body care
 
40) OPI Expert Touch Lacquer Remover (120ml/4 fl.oz) - My fourth bottle for the year and counting. 
 
41) MOR Passionfruit Body Butter - I threw this into the travel bag too because the little tub (around 50ml) was just the right size for a week away.  These are now discontinued.
 
42) La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP (400ml/13.5 fl.oz) - This massive bottle of anti-irritation body balm lasted me months!  I used it as a soothing lotion for my dry sensitive skin and loved how easily it absorbed and how well it soothed any itchy or flaky skin - a must have for winter skin and I can see I'll repurchase this in future.
 
43) Ecoya Body Exfoliator (200 ml) - I won this gorgeous jar in a giveaway.  I loved the rich scent of white lotus flower, vanilla and patchouli and this really felt like a luxe body product with its creamy texture. My criticism is that it was a little too gentle an exfoliator for me - I like to feel instant results - and the exotic floral scent faded away very quickly.  I guess it's just an excuse to layer really because Ecoya do have the matching body cream!
 
Cosmetics
 
Here are this month's additions to my beauty diet empties.  Don't forget you can also check in with Anissa and Norlin to see how they're progressing too!
 
44) L'Oreal True Match Blush (Nude Pink) - I've posted about this blush before (here) as it's an everyday staple which adds glow as well as natural colour to the cheeks. It's a great choice for fairer skinned women and I'd buy it again if I didn't have so many other options! 
 
45) Models Prefer Lip Gloss Pencil (Perfectly Polished) - These pencils provide the optimal mix of shine and colour.  Perfectly Polished was my first MP Lip Gloss Pencil purchase but I've added a few more since then because I love these!
 
46) MAC Lip Glass (Viva Glam VI) - I remember loving this so much that when I lost my original tube a few years ago I was so distressed I had to replace it then and there! I've gone off and back onto it a few times but recently I was really loving it layered over MAC Modesty Cremesheen lipstick.
 
 Culled...
 
 BYS Lash Fibre Pre-Coat - My one fail for the month.  Now that I have a much safer lash primer option (thank you again blinc!) I can toss this scary dry fibre product out.  I was always paranoid of those loose fibres falling into my eyes so out it goes!
 
 
That's it for another month...


16 comments:

  1. You finished a blush! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blush pans are soooo difficult to finish! I was aiming for 100% bare pan but I just couldn't do it in the end and it was becoming impossible to get the product out of the pan anyway :p

      Delete
  2. Hey Great post Vita, I love how u empty your makeup too. I usually end up throwing it because of expiry dates. I didn't like Bioderma too, does not get waterproof mascara off but love it like a cleanser when I am lazy ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to check some of those expiry dates I think! Sometimes I forget which is a naughty thing to do ;)

      Delete
  3. You are so good with your empties Vita! :)
    And I'm with you about Bioderma, I do love it for removing face makeup, but it does not do anything for my waterproof mascara - I think I had it on my eyes for a good 2 mins and my mascara did not budge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there's definitely a case for owning a separate eye makeup remover although I love how Bioderma feels on the skin - super soothing!

      Delete
  4. Great job Vita! Yeah, if you wear waterproof mascara Bioderma won't take that stuff off. The L'Oreal one does a better job, but it takes some effort. Really to take off waterproof you need an oily remover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lancôme does a pretty good job! Shame about the price though *groans*

      Delete
  5. Lancôme Bi-Facil is $60??? Holy shit. LOL

    You're doing so great with your beauty diet. I also finished and purged some items and it feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another example of our crazy pricing, eh? Nice to know we're in this purging thing together! I feel like I'm getting braver about tossing things out now :)

      Delete
  6. I always love your empties posts, Vita! They always inspire me to hurry up and finish half-used products in my collection! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel less cluttered when I finish things - now I'm learning to let go of fail products I'm feeling even more so!

      Delete
  7. You're going so well!!! I wasn't a fan of Bioderma either... it broke me out sadly! But a few other goodies on your list have now been added to my wishlist ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to enable!

      Interesting to hear the different views on Bioderma because it was touted as such a HG cleansing water. It's obviously not for everyone :p

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...