26 April, 2015

Review: NIVEA Silk Touch anti-perspirant deodorant

Let's talk about sweat baby! Let's talk about you and me! Sorry I'm twisting song lyrics again...

Getting a little more serious, let's talk a bit about me (perhaps a bit too much information about me) - but let me tell you that without an effective anti-perspirant I will most definitely sweat - a lot - and it won't be pretty so anti-perspirant is a staple in my daily routine.  I also have sensitive skin and have been known to break out in allergic rashes to unsuitable products so that in itself can be a uncomfortable challenge for me. Hence my needs are gentle but effective sweat and odour control.

NIVEA have recently released Silk Touch anti-perspirant deodorant and this product claims to be different as the new formula is "...specifically designed to help care for skin with its unique quick dry effect and silky soft feel..." and contains the "ultra-light" ingredient Kaolin, an all-natural clay mineral, to help absorb moisture while keeping the underarm skin smooth.  



My impressions:
The milky, alcohol-free roll-on glides onto the skin and does not sting - especially after shaving.  The non-sticky formula definitely feels lightweight and comfortable and dries quickly enough for me not to have to wait around before getting dressed and - this is an important plus for me - I don't have to worry about wet anti-perspirant marks on my clothes which can drive me crazy when I'm in a rush!

I was really interested to read about the number of fragrance notes in this anti-perspirant too:  Citrus, bergamot, rose, geranium and musk which all combine into a delicate and subtle scent that lasts all day without being obtrusive - armpits should be delicately and pleasantly scented shouldn't they!  And of course they should be dry and this kept me dry and comfortable all day - and my sensitive skin agrees with it too.  I can't say if the protection lasts 48 hours as claimed (because I never leave it that long between showers) but it definitely lasts me from one shower to the next.


Ingredients:
Aqua, Aluminium Chlorohydrate, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Steareth-2, Steareth-21, Parfum, Kaolin, Persea Gratissima Oil, Trisodium EDTA, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin.


 (This  product was provided for my consideration.  All comments and opinions are my own.)

4 comments:

  1. Heh. I am right with you -- automatically sang along. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I loved your opening! Salt N' Pepa 4-eva!
    This sounds really great! If I ever go back to AP, I'll definitely give this one a go as I generally love everything Nivea does. I too have highly sensitive pits that have had painful rash breakouts over the years. I haven't had any issues since I stopped using AP, so I think deo is the right product for my underarms. I recently ordered a Nivea deo from Germany through Amazon! We do not have a ton of non-AP options here in the States. My friend just got back from Croatia and she said they had an entire AISLE of deodorants! Anyway, the Nivea one I ordered was beautiful! A glass bottle?! Fancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Glad you 'got' the opening too!

      I can just imagine how wonderful your Nivea deodorant would smell cos they really put a lot of effort and natural ingredients into their scents! And yes they spoil us with glass packaging too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...