15 July, 2015

Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Jelly (Priceline Beauty Click favourites)

Welcome to the latest instalment in my Priceline Beauty Click favourites series - and a little impromptu introduction to hyaluronic acid!

I don't know if I'm one of the last people to discover hyaluronic acid in skincare or whether it's a mystery to you too but it has become one of those key ingredients in moisturizing over the last couple of years because of its ability to draw water to the skin and help prevent moisture loss.  Fun fact:  hyaluronic acid molecules have the unique ability to attract and retain more than 1,000 times their weight in water...

....which brings me to Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Jelly.  I didn't know anything about the science behind this product when I received it for review, nor did I do any research before I tried it so my Priceline Beauty Click favourite status was initially based on the wear test (the science came much later).  If you are into the science behind it and want to read all about hyaluronic acid click on this article I dug up from Hyalogic.com:  About Hyaluronic Acid 


Okay - So not surprisingly Indeed Labs say on their website that Hydraluron Moisture Jelly will:

"Provide immediate and long lasting moisture protection
Help skin regain optimal moisture levels
Defend against moisture loss and creates a protective film on skin’s surface"

as it...

"...helps provide both instant and long-term locked-in moisture to the skin through a sophisticated complex of 5 key actives, which support the natural protective layer of your skin, helping to restore moisture levels and defending against future loss..." , leading to softer, smoother and plumper skin as the hyaluronic acid improves the skin's hydration levels, stimulating collagen production.


My impressions:
You know I like good clever packaging so I can't go on to the rest of my review without addressing that first.  One little press of the top of the jar results in the hygienic delivery of precisely the right amount of product to moisturize my face as you can see above.  This means I don't have to worry about any waste or contaminating the jelly by dipping my fingers into the product.  I'm sure this isn't the only brand with this kind of packaging but I'm impressed the innovation - whoever came up with it! If you know, then feel free to educate me in the comments below.

This moisturizer is also an innovative product in my experience as the jelly formulation feels like nothing I've ever used before - it's cooling and refreshing at first, then sits like a 'second skin' on my face.  It's like I'm wearing an invisible barrier on my skin but there's not a hint of greasiness or tackiness, nor does it feel in any way suffocating (as I'd feared it might) and my skin feels smoother, moisturized and well, yes, 'plump'.  Any woman my age has got to love plumped up skin!

I've been wearing Hydraluron Moisture Jelly as my morning and night moisturizer as it works well as a makeup base too.  I have normal to combination, and infuriatingly occasionally sensitive skin and have had no issues with any breakouts since using this and because of the light jelly formula I think this would work well on younger, oilier skins also.  It's a refreshing feeling, long-lasting moisturizer and has opened my eyes to the point of difference of hyaluronic acid as a lighter way of hydrating the skin.


Ingredients:
water (aqua/eau), glycerin, pentylene glycol, glycereth-26, carbomer, glyceryl polyacrylate, trehalose,  urea, strelitzia nicolaiseed aril extract, sodium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, serine,  biosaccharide gum-1, algin, disodium phosphate, pullulan, sodiumhyaluronate, potassium phosphate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol.



(This product was provided for my consideration.  All comments and opinions are my own.)

8 comments:

  1. Love cool packaging like this! And the jar is so happy-looking, haha! I've been more into skincare than makeup lately, especially combing through drugstore options. I like to use pricier serums but have started to gravitate back toward cheaper moisturizers. I don't think we have this brand, but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this is something different in terms of a moisturizer. Before I tried it I thought it was a bit gimmicky but now I love it!

      Delete
  2. This sounds lovely!! I'll have to give this a try, I've not used a hyaluronic acid product before...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only one out there! You'll love how refreshing this feels if you try it :)

      Delete
  3. I love "classy" Hydraluron. But this one looks interesting too. Unfortunately these goodies are not available in Latvia, so we have to order from Boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's not too expensive to order online!

      Delete
  4. I've grown to dislike gel/jelly textures in the past few years but they used to be a lifesaver for me back in the day when my face couldn't stand serums and creams. The old hyped up Hydraluron tube didn't do anything for me but some people still swear by them. I'm not too interested by the brand but sometimes they make me look during a sale, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been blissfully ignorant of all this stuff for the longest time! I'm curious to know what put you off - a change in your skin or were you just tired of the formula?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...