07 September, 2015

August's farewelled products


Here are the last bits and pieces I finished for the winter season - quite an even mix of skin care and makeup this time around...


Skin care

89) La Clinica Anti-Ageing Gentle Milk Facial Cleanser (200ml/7.4 fl.oz)* - This creamy and gentle cleanser was my morning in-shower choice although it's so gentle it can simply be wiped off with a damp cleansing cloth. I loved the natural Rosehip oil scent too.

90) L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water (200ml) - Just as effective and soothing as the other micellar waters I've used although for whatever reason I found it really messy to squeeze out of the bottle.  A bit of a packaging fail for me.

91) Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths (25 towelettes)* - These fragrance-free cloths live up to their claims as they left my skin feeling simply clean with no residue whatsoever.  My one criticism? The cloths are reasonably small so sometimes more than one cloth was needed for a full cleanse.


92) Palmer's Daily Facial Lotion SPF 15 (100ml/3.38oz.)* - This daily moisturizer had a disconcerting 'grainy' feel when rubbing it into my skin.  I usually love Palmer's products so I was disappointed this didn't live up to their usual standards - I don't know if I was unlucky and received a faulty product?

93) Timeless Truth Stem Cell Extract Mask - I used this to replenish my skin as the second step in a two mask pampering session, following a deep cleansing clay mask.  Problem? This tiny little sheet mask was designed for a smaller face so I felt quite claustrophobic while it was on my face!


Hand and body care

94) OPI Expert Touch Lacquer Remover (120ml/4 fl.oz) - Yet another bottle of my favourite remover done.

95) Italian Garden Honey & Almond Shower Gel (245ml/8.28 fl.oz) - This was given to me as part of a set for Christmas.  I really loved the strong, predominantly honey scent and it was a cozy choice for a winter morning shower!

96) Italian Garden Honey & Almond Body Scrub (145ml/4.9 fl.oz) - I didn't love this at all.  The scrub was less effective than the shower puff I squirted it into.


Cosmetics

97) Rimmel Idol Eyes Mascara by Kate Moss (004 Eye Rock Jet Black)* - This is such an intensely black mascara as evidenced by the black residue soaking all the way through my makeup remover pads! The heart-shaped brush did require a little twirl of the wrist for the best effect but I really enjoyed the thick black lashes and this product did not flake or run.  

98) Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder (001 Transparent) - Not a bad mattifying powder but not a HG either and the cheap plastic lid cracked and broke in my makeup purse.

99) The Body Shop Flavoured Lip Gloss (10 Coconut) - Deliciously flavoured and the shimmery, milky shade was a gorgeous topper for nude lippy. I'm considering a repurchase of this some time in future.

100) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (Honey) - I loved this go-to mauve-pink lip colour so much that I have a backup!

101) Urban Decay 24/7 Liner Pencil (Ransom) - Such gorgeousness in a purple liner and I love the glide on formula. I'm considering a repurchase of this one too!


Fragrance

102) Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet (1ml/0.03 fl.oz sample) - Very soft and delicately pretty for spring, but no lasting power at all unfortunately.  From the Dior website this fragrance: "...glorifies the mandarin and the peony on downy notes of white musk. The peony is at the heart of this new signature. Its unique trail combines the rose Damascus essence with fruity notes to recreate the outstanding scent of this flower, elusive in its natural state."


And some more samples...

Over and out for now!

(Products marked * were provided for my consideration.  All comments and opinions are my own.)

10 comments:

  1. LOL at the tiny eyeliner pencil used up hahahaha! LOVE it. What did you think of the Sunday Riley Good Genes sample?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Genes certainly makes speedy work of exfoliating the skin and my skin did feel noticeably smooth after that one application! It does feel EXTREMELY tingly though - quite prickly actually so it's a bit to tolerate if your skin's sensitive.

      Delete
  2. OMG all that makeup! How did you finish the powder when the lid was broken? I think I would have hurled it in anger.

    And hey, I think that's a TBS gloss I sent you once upon a time???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost DID! Instead I resorted to putting that cracked lid back together with tape. Sad but true! Yes - you did send me a gloss in strawberry and I still have it too!

      Delete
  3. You used so many cosmetics up! That's so unheard of haha well done! I also love the honey lip stain and would definitely buy more before mine runs out completely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rare that I finish so many in one month - it surprised me too! And...Honey...that balm is the best shade in the original Revlon range hands down!

      Delete
  4. Love your empties posts! So many empty cosmetics - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! It was unusual but I was in a bit of a frenzy about finishing as many cosmetics as I could before I headed to Singapore to buy more! Typical isn't it! Lol

      Delete
  5. Honey is seriously stunning, I can see how you managed to finish up a whole tube of that shade. I need to get a move on with using up my cosmetics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey is hands down GORGEOUS! My favourite of all the balms!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...